Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 April 2015

Tochi's Blog Exclusive: How an Average Uniport student spend their weekends


This is an article I've been working on for quite sometime. Its basically about my school. I'm a student of the university of port harcourt. I'm what most might call NAS.( Non Academic Student). My idiot CourseMate came up with that name. Maybe because I go to school from home. I don't live around school at all, I don't participate in any activities like students week, I'm not in any association.


I know that there's this cliché. People categorize every uniport girl as you know... Which isn't true. I've never met a Uniport girl like that. And because of this they don't know what exactly if feels like to be an average Uniport student. A lot of students prefer staying in school all through the weekend instead of going back to town. Town is what we call anywhere that's not around the school location. Like Rumuokuta, Rumuogba, mgbuogba etc. I don't get it either. 
So I met up with a couple of Uniport students and asked them. How they spend there weekends. Here's what they had to say :

Belema a final year student studying Political Science, long story short she's my friend, she said that : Am more of the Saturdays are meant for clean-ups type of girl. In a full semester I spend more weekends in school for me Either I step out with the girls or am riding solo in my room. Wifi, food, electricity and media a good chill time. As a student with here and there jobs. #belleMustChop some weekends could be totally work! I'm in to hair styling, she said... As a level one participant in the natural hair arena. I am engrossed in finding out new stuffs for my hair. A strong coke addict even if coca cola doesn't know I exist there is still hope that someday day people will know me. (Wishful thinking) 
The Saturday and Sunday countdowns on cool fm 95.5 are the bomb. Social media isn't left out in this wonderful description of my weekends as they do a great job keeping me undated. My bored times are usually spent on Sunday's after church. Sleep is what follows. She said...
Whew. Sounds fun and exhausting! But hey! Whatever makes you happy. 

I asked another of my Coursemate. The only yellow paw paw we know. Jessica Agozie, she's also my friend. Jessica said , I'm a boring fellow, I spend it at home. It's a regular routine. Sleeps all day And go to church on Saturday afternoon, same thing on Sunday. It's just once in a blue moon that I go out. To either a movie or go to a karaoke bar. 
Well not as boring as she made it sound. 

I asked another student. Robinson a 2nd year student in Uniport. Can't even remember he's department. Anyways, he said, chill, invite the girlfriend over. Sometimes watch football. Other times, clean up weekly mess from the house(nasty). Many other times go to town! It's basically: chill, clean up, invite bae, watch football with niggas... Then still gaan chill with niggas. On few occasions I go out in the evening. Sunday church, after church sleep till evening. 
I told him that, Na you be "gaan".  Robinson is a family friend of mine.

Then I asked Daniel, 
Daniel I met when I was doing teaching practice in Emuoha last month. Read he's own version of a weekend chill. 

Daniel a final year student of Uniport as well, Typical Daniel's weekend starts with a Saturday morning prayer. Thorough clean-up follows, which could take up to 3 hours (considering how lazy I can be). I entertain some Jehovah witness friends midday every Saturday and it could take like an hour. Then, as a guy, I don't like missing EPL on weekends, especially if there's a 'major headliner'. I could spend up to 4 or 5 hours watching football games. Evening is pretty cool, if I'm strapped, I could hang out with few friends or colleagues. I go home and spend a few minutes trying to fix my key into the keyhole. Once I get in, I'm out till the next morning... If broke, then I go home, turn on my generator, see a movie or read myself to sleep.

Sunday morning, I wake up and I thnak God I survived the spirits from the previous night out with the guys. I hurriedly get set for church and by 9am, I'm singing praises, dancing, turning the pages of the bible and praying for success, protection and provision from the Most High. I get home after service, fill my brain with stuff from textbooks and notes for the new week. Unless there's another major soccer game to watch or an important meeting to attend or an event to grace, I stay home all day on Sunday, invite a few friends over so we could argue about who's better between CR7 & LM10, or I invite a girl over and probably see a movie with her (don't let the devil manipulate ur mind, it's Sunday after all), or I could just stay in with my sister(s) and gist/read, depending on my mood. 

Thought Bellema's own was long! Anyways, who knew that being a student could be this relaxing? Watch out for next week's Episode. And if you will like to share with me your weekend routine. You can send an email to me.(tochiluvin@yahoo.com)
Talk soon
Xoxo. 
If you loved the article show some love by sharing on your social media timeline and leaving a comment in the comment section. 


No comments:

Post a Comment